Listen to Podcasts on your Phone

(Thursday, January 10, 2008)

This is for all you podcast lovers out there. I love podcasts and waste most of my life listening to them. There was just a slight problem. Whenever I wanted to listen to a podcast, I had to turn on my computer and start iTunes. Then I would wait for iTunes to download all my podcasts before syncing them with my iPod. I just felt like that was a waste of time. I wanted something better.

After searching around, I found an amazing site called Podlinez which basically lets you listen to your podcasts on your phone. Just enter the URL of the podcast RSS feed, and Podlinez will create a phone number which you can call to listen to the entire podcast. Note that these are toll-free calls, so if you're going to be doing this on a cell phone, make sure you listen during a time your phone service gives you unlimited minutes. I've tried this service out, and was surprised at how well it worked. You could get a ton of podcasts. The directory includes a list of 2000+ podcasts, and although the quality isn't that great, you still got to listen to your podcast. It updates quite frequently, so if you have some free time, fire up your phone and listen to those podcasts.

Podlinez

Posted in Labels: , Posted by Bookmark Geek at 7:17 PM  

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2005-2007. Hello Wiki designed by Fen, Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds.