Time Warner Charging For Bandwidth Usage

(Thursday, January 17, 2008)

These days, you pay for download speed, and the less your wallet weights, the faster your connection. Time Warner wants to change all that. Instead of making you pay for your connection speed, you're going to pay depending on how much bandwidth you use. So, the more you download, the more you're going to have to pay.

I personally don't like this at all. I mean, it would be great for those people who don't download anything at all, but I really enjoy watching movies, and if I'm going to get charged every time I want to see someone get kicked down the Sparta Well, I'm not going to be a happy little bugger. I know that this is an genius move for all those who want to get rid of pirates, it's still slightly unfair to those people who are really interested in watching video's and downloading games. Another problem is that most people don't even know how much bandwidth they are using, and they would probably be shocked when they first see the bill because they didn't know that they downloaded all those things. It this goes well for Time Warner, I'm sure other ISP's are going to resort to this instead of blocking BitTorrent traffic (Comcast? Are you there?).

This would be a great way for casual e-mail browsers to get internet without having to spend a lot of money. You guys have fun. If anyone needs me, I'll be sitting underneath my desk strangling my bandwidth.

Associated Press

Posted in Labels: Posted by Bookmark Geek at 5:37 PM  

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2005-2007. Hello Wiki designed by Fen, Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds.